6.12.2008

The garden brings color to my desk ... and a new friend to the deck

All the gorgeous flowers I was showing you earlier made for some colorful bouquets on my workspace -- plus, peonies make my kitchen smell so fresh.



Oh! And I have a funny story to tell... the other night Dillon was making these strange low growling noises with little sharp barks out on the deck. Seeing as she is usually very quiet and noise usually means there is an animal in the yard I figured I had better investigate. When I got outside with a flash light I found Dillon cornering a toad (or is it a frog?!) and then she licked its back (which led her to paw at her nose and make awful faces with her tongue out -- apparently toad doesn't taste great raw)! Here's the little guy -- I made Dillon go inside so she wouldn't paw him to death. Too cute!

No comments: