6.12.2008

Short trip to NYC!


A week ago I took the train in from Albany to NYC so I could visit with a good friend from Sioux City who is originally from Long Island and visiting her folks for the week. Jenna, and her adorable little guy Will (who I am so mad I forgot to take a picture of!)and I met at Penn Station late morning, made our way over to Central Park for a leisurely stroll and shared a fantastic lunch at a small cafe on the East Side of the park. (We also shared some uber-tasty cupcakes to go with our perky lemonade on the way to the park). It was so great to see Jenna and have a rare moment of girl-time face-to-face instead of over the phone. :) After just a few short hours I was back on the Amtrak heading north for an evening softball game with Kolby. The trip was certainly worth the train ride, which by the way is fantastic -- views of the Hudson River the entire length of the trip, free WiFi and the perfect spot to catch a few zzz's in the afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well for me its better to be more realistic.