7.15.2007

Long Walks with My Dog


Spending over an hour this morning walking Dillon, my 2 year old, 60 lb., shepherd-mix dog, along the Missouri River was by far the highlight of my day. Not only is she a great buddy but going without anyone I know ensures a rest for my mouth and my mind (as I tend to be pretty chatty majority of the time) as well as bonding with her and getting some much needed exercise. One of the reasons we got Dillon, and made sure she was bigger than a lap dog, was to have a running, walking, exploring buddy that I felt somewhat safe with alone as well. She definitely fits the bill and is always ready to hop into the car and go anywhere, as long as the window is down on both sides so she can pace the backseat and catch all the action whizzing by. :)

If you have the time and yard to keep a dog I recommend you go to your nearest Humane Society, pick up a pup and improve your health by having man's best friend waiting at the door and ready for anything (as long as water and treats are along for the ride). :)

No comments: